Pembina County Memorial Hospital's cardiac rehabilitation program is designed to meet the individual needs of patients who have recently experienced a heart attack, heart surgery, or heart disease. Treatment programs are developed based upon the patient's medical history, risk factor profile, and current medical evaluation. Programs are designed to improve function of the heart and return patients to an active lifestyle.
For more information regarding the cardiac rehab program at PCMH, contact your doctor or call 701-265-6232.
What is Cardiac Rehabilitation?
- An individualized and personalized treatment plan, including evaluation and instruction on physical activity, nutrition, stress management, and other health related areas.
- An important part of the treatment of your specific heart problem. If you have one of the following diagnoses you may be eligiable to participate: Heart Attack, Angina, Cardiac surgery-such as coronary bypass or valve surgery, Coronary artery angioplasty or stents, Heart failure and Heart transplantation.
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation:
- Live longer and lessen your chances for another heart attack.
- Control heart disease symptoms such as chest pain or shortness of breath.
- Stop or reverse damage to your blood vessels in your heart.
- Lessen the physical and emotional effects of heart disease.
- Improve your stamina and strength, getting you back to your usual activities, including work, hobbies and regular exercise.
- Improve your confidence and well-being.
*Recent scientific studies have shown that people who complete a cardiac rehabilitation program can increase their life expectancy by up to five years.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Offers:
- Assessment of your personal risk factors for heart and blood vessel disease.
- Beginning and maintaining a personalized exercise plan that works for you.
- Psychological /stress assessment and counseling.
- Education and support to make healthy lifestyles changes such as: Maintaining a healthy weight, Heart healthy eating & Avoiding tobacco and environmental smoke.
- Opportunity to meet and share stories with other patients like you.
- Monitoring and better control of: Blood pressure, lipids/cholestrol & diabetes
- Improved communication with your doctor and other healthcare providers about your progress following your cardiac event.
Please contact Arvadell Sharp at 701-265-6232 for an appointment.
Cardiac Rehabilitation is located within Pembina County Memorial Hospital, to make an appointment please contact Arvadell Sharp at 265-6232. We excited to announce this department will be moving within our hospital with a remodel and more resources for our patients. Please watch our website for the announcement of our new location.